After Hours Building Access Policy for Olin, Uris, and Kroch Asia
- Staff that wish to remain in Olin, Uris, or Kroch Asia after closing time must be authorized by the University Librarian, the Director of Olin/Uris, or an AUL. Authorization will generally be given for the building where the staff member’s office is located unless there are special circumstances. After receiving authorization please complete and submit the request form found on the CUL Facilities website to obtain card access to Olin.
- When using card access to come and go after closing, make sure that the door closes and engages the locking mechanism when you pass through the door in either direction. You should not leave the area until you have manually checked that the door has locked. The door will lock within 10 seconds of being completely closed.
- Sign in and out at the circulation desk every time you come or go after closing. Sign in when you are staying in the building after closing either by physically going to the circulation desk or calling to let staff know that you'll be staying later and then signing out when you leave.
- Do not lend your access card or door key to other people.
- Do not let people without card access into Olin Library.
- If you find an entrance door unlocked after closing, call CU Police immediately so that they can inspect the buildings.
- If you are locked inside the library after closing, and do not have card access for Olin or a key for Uris to exit the buildings, then you must call CU Police to let you out, regardless of the circumstance.
- If you find a patron locked inside the buildings after closing call CU Police to escort them out. You must wait with the patron until CU Police arrives.